Blog – Mesa Real Estate AZ
It is everyone’s dream to own a home but not all are given the opportunity. There are many reasons why people choose to rent instead, whether in an apartment or condo (condominium). There is the credit standing issue, mortgage issues, or lack of down payment. In addition, some are forced to rent simply because the property they want to purchase is farther from the workplace and rather than spending extra time traveling to and from, moving into a rental property is a better option.
Living in an apartment or condo is not a bad thing at all. In fact, because of lower living expenses and no cost for maintenance in a rental, you can often save money in the long run and will help achieve the goal of owning your own home someday. However, the transition isn’t always easy. The biggest challenge is dealing with your items and personal belongings and how can you fit all those into a small space.
No matter how small the living unit is, there are always ways in which to make it look larger. The trick is strategically arranging furniture as well as adding decorations and accents that would create an illusion of a larger and spacious apartment.
There are some tips that might just be useful in making your small-spaced apartment look larger than it is without a lot of cost:
- Remove the Clutter – A better picture of where things should be placed can be best visualized if the room is free from unnecessary items. There is nothing that makes a space feel cramped more than having too many things. Get rid of any item of furniture that is not adding to the look of the room. Most importantly, create an organized storage.
- Hang Long Curtains – Hang curtains close to the ceiling to give the illusion of tall windows. Make sure that the color of the curtain is the same color as the walls to help avoid contrast to the space.
- Hang Mirrors – Create an illusion of a larger space by hanging mirrors around the apartment. Choose a framed mirror that highlights the decors. Mirrors will add an extra light, sparkle and sparkle and make a room appear bigger.
- Coordinate Wall and Furniture Colors – Contrasting colors tend to break up a space. Pieces of furniture are less interrupting and tend to blend with the space if they are colored to match the wall.
- Use Your Walls – If you have many things to put away such as books, take advantage of your wall space by hanging floating shelves. You can rotate the decor you put on the shelves to adapt to anything you add to the room.
- Let the Light In – Any room will look larger if it’s well-lit, either by natural light or artificial lighting. Get rid of any draperies and open up the window to let the light in. The use of blinds or shades can still give you the privacy needed, yet let the light in when they are open.
Moving into an apartment can be challenging if you are used to having a bigger space, but with creativity and proper arrangement, you’ll surely love your small apartment.
With the advancement of technology and the globalization of the economy, there is greater opportunity for business growth throughout the world. With our current technology savvy society, it can be very challenging to keep up with the latest gadgets and innovations.
Nowadays, most business people have smartphones. Most of them rely on their smartphones throughout the day for all their activities and are lost and incomplete without this handy gadget. There’s a good reason why smartphones are significantly smarter and powerful tool for businesses. One reason is the smartphone allows business people to stay in contact with everyone that is important in their daily business lives because they can readily access data and information from their smartphones.
The ability to access email and the internet, built in conveniences such as a camera, video and voice recording and your smartphone’s other useful and functional applications add to your ability to be productive and to succeed.
A smartphone enables you to gain a wider level of business growth and customer-based relationships. If you know how to maximize your smartphone’s features, they can help impact your business success in a positive way.
- Quick Contact. You can connect to the internet for email and web access. With the rise of face-to-face communication, your potential customers are within your reach. Because web access is a lot faster compared to previous mobile phones, it is now easier to access email and information from the internet. You have the ability to do business anytime, anywhere, increasing your responsiveness.
- Getting Organized. Smartphones can be used as your personal organizers with contact lists, automatic reminders, etc.
- Multimedia Connection. Establishing a strong social media presence is important to connect with customers and with other businesses. Social media is a famous and free, if not an inexpensive way to publicize information. Another good thing about advertising in social media is your ability to make changes to it wherever you are.
- Better Information Sharing. Considerably more data can be received and transmitted via a smartphone which includes large email attachments or data files from websites, photographs, MMS, videos
- Create Videos and Useful Presentations. Smartphones offer a built-in digital camera where you can share images or videos and this could provide a new way of marketing to the customer. Videos are truly an engaging experience and can be used to drive additional traffic to your business web sites. Meanwhile, you can also use your smartphones when introducing information at meetings. This is done by creating presentations on a computer, transferring the file to your smartphone and display it through a PowerPoint presentation.
More and more people gain access to online information across the world and because of the amazing things we can do and access with our smartphones, business people consider this handy gadget a to be a valuable asset in their daily activities. As technology advances, so does a person’s quest to maximize the benefits these advancements offer. Explore and discover your smartphone’s mobile applications and experience how it can help your business to succeed.
Return to Mesa Real Estate home page.
Cleaning up the home after the holidays is as time consuming as creating and putting up holiday decorations. The task is even more challenging as we determine the best way to store them properly.
When the holiday frolic has gone and the decorations are put away, the house seems to feel a little empty. This is the best time to reclaim your home and time to look ahead to a clean and organized New Year.
For most of us, New Year means new life; a new beginning. And what could be a better way of welcoming your new life than a clutter-free and newly embellished home? Here are some ideas on how to brighten up your home at no cost or minimal cost. You will be pleasantly surprised at how your home will look like after the makeover.
- Unclutter and De-clutter – The first task to be undertaken is to remove and organize the decorations and store them properly. Next, take out unneeded furniture, decorations, pictures, etc. Take the room in its most basic form opening up the living space as much as possible. After which, you can arrange the room the way you want it to look without having to work around clutter.
- Lighting – Great lighting is one of the things that make a home look warm and welcoming. An abundance of light opens up a room and gives it a larger appearance. You may simply want to increase the light bulb wattage in your lamps then add a dimmer to adjust the level of brightness. In addition, open the curtains and adding a mirror will make the room appear larger.
- Accessorize – When designing a room, try to make each room tell a story. A clever arrangement of props and accessories will make the room eye-pleasing. Don’t forget to dress up windows for both form and function. Also, think in threes, odd numbers create tension that provides visual interest.
- Use Color Creatively – Painting is the most inexpensive and easiest way to give your home a new look. You can also add embellishments like pillows and curtains.
- Bring the Outdoors In – Warm and inviting homes are almost always graced with fresh flowers. You don’t have to spend money on this, you can get the same effect by harvesting flowers from your garden.
The beginning of a new year is the best time to start anew. Start with a plan in mind to strip your house of the old and freshen it up. You’ll be amazed at what you’ll be able to achieve.
Article by: by Emily Dressler 12.12.13
The Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act was initially passed in 2010 in response to the mortgage crisis and the late-2000s recession. This Act has brought significant changes to financial regulations, and with new regulations taking effect after January10, 2014, will continue to bring significant changes to many aspects of the mortgage industry. One of the major complaints about the Dodd Frank regulations is the lack of clarity, especially regarding private seller financing and mortgages.
The new regulations appear under the Loan Originator Compensation Requirements under the Truth in Lending act that was issued in January 2013. These new rules pertain to ability-to-repay and qualified mortgage standards. For further references, the complete Truth-in-Lending act can be read here.
Mortgages are complex financial transactions with lasting effects. Whether consumers are using a bank, mortgage broker, or an individual, they should be aware of all the complexities surrounding their mortgage.
To briefly review the concept of private seller home financing, it is when a private seller transfers the title to their property and accepts a mortgage from another individual for a substantial part of the sale price rather than receiving all cash on the sale.
Private seller financing has long been thought to be beneficial because buyers who cannot qualify for traditional or institutional mortgages are still able to acquire title using seller financing. While owner-financed homes only make up a small portion of real estate transactions, they do play a large role in hard-hit areas, like Ohio, Florida, and Michigan. They are used often by people with low credit scores who cannot get loans from banks or mortgage lenders.
Private seller financers will be affected under the new Dodd-Frank regulations, as exclusions or exemptions will apply to some seller-financers under the new regulations. For example, a natural person selling only one residential property a year will not be categorized as a loan originator, which means that person is exempt from the new rules. However, additional requirements must be met in order for the exemptions to apply: The seller financer must have previously owned the property he/she is financing; he/she must not have constructed the property or acted as a contractor for the property; the financing cannot include a repayment schedule that results in a negative amortization (graduated payments); and the financing must have a fixed or adjustable rate that resets after five or more years. As most people will probably only use seller financing but a few times during their lifetime, the new regulations will hopefully not impact the majority of sellers financing their properties. The full set of consequences on seller financed homes, however, remains to be seen.
A second type of exemption will also apply to transactions of this type. Under this exemption, a seller financer does not have to be a natural person, estate, or trust, and can provide financing for up to three properties in one year. In order to qualify for this exclusion, the requirements listed above must be met, the financing must be fully amortizing, and the financer must in good faith determine that the homebuyer can repay the loan with reasonable ability.
It is important to note that these new rules will also only apply to dwelling places in which the buyer is going to reside. The new rules will not affect seller financed purchases for vacant land, commercial property, and multi- and single-family residences where the buyer does not plan to occupy the premises. A seller financer is not considered a loan originator. A private seller financer cannot sell more than three homes per year without becoming a licensed mortgage loan originator. Different licensing requirements, as set by the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry, are in place for each state in order for a person to become a licensed mortgage loan originator.
A private seller financer also cannot offer loan terms of less than 30 years under the new regulations. A seller financer is considered a creditor if he/she extends credit secured by a dwelling six or more times in one year, or extends more than one high-cost mortgage in one year.
Although there is some definite confusion over the rules regarding private seller financing, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau director hopes the process will be smooth and trouble-free: “Our plan is to work with the mortgage industry to ensure that the CFPB’s new rules are implemented accurately and expeditiously,” said CFPB director Richard Cordray. “Both consumers and industry will win when the new rules are understood, applied, and carried out evenly and effectively. Mortgage borrowers, who have dealt with much heartache since the financial crisis, deserve this level of attentiveness.”
Tamales are a cherished Mexican recipe handed down from generation to generation.
It is so famous that it is prevalent in many households during the holiday season.
Fortunately for those of us without the time or know-how to prepare this dish, many restaurants offer holiday Tamales to eat in or take out. The history of the Tamale is well rooted in Mexico. It is a staple dinner item in both Mexican and American dining tables.
In the Southwest, Tamale mixes are found in supermarkets along with the equally famous Mexican foods such as Tacos and Chimichangas.
While Tamales span a vast culinary region, they belong here in Arizona and are a very common local specialty in restaurants in Arizona. This Southwestern comfort food is a traditional dish made of starchy dough usually corn-based which is steamed or boiled in a corn husk or a leaf wrapper. It can be filled with seasoned meats, fruits and vegetables, cheese, chili or any preparation according to your liking.
Making Tamales can be complicated, but one does not need to be intimidated. It can be simple if made from corn tamale mixes or kits. The key thing is to plan things out. With a simple list of ingredients and instructions along with extra help from your family and friends, making Tamales can be fun, exciting and a great bonding time with friends and family.
Here is a quick recipe for Arizona’s favorite traditional Tamale holiday dish:
- 4 lbs. Pork or Beef
- ½ onion
- 7 lbs. prepared Masa
- Salt to taste
- Green Chilies
- Bay Leaves
Preparing the Meat: Place meat, bay leaves, granulated garlic, salt and onion into pot and add enough water just to cover the meat and ingredients. Cook meat and spices until tender. When done, remove and shred meat. Set aside 3-4 cups of the broth and bay leaves for preparing the chilies.
Preparing the Corn Husks: Soak corn husks for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Preparing the Chili Sauce: Place the chilies in a separate pot. Cover chilies with water and bring to boil. Drain chilies and remove stem and seeds. Place the chilies in a blender.
Preparing Masa for the Tamales in the Corn Husks: Gently remove the husk and individually spread one corn husk. Place two tablespoons of masa flour into the center of the husks.
Using a spoon, flatten the masa spread evenly around the husks until it is about 4.5 square inches. Spread 1-2 rounded teaspoons of meat sauce in the center of the masa and fold the husks and the masa. Allow the masa to completely surround the meat sauce.
Fold the bottom of the husk and place in a steamer pot with open end of husk upright. Place lid on the pot and steam tamales for 1½ to 2 hours. Tamales are done when the masa easily separates from the husks. It should be soft, firm and not mushy.
In no time, your kitchen will be enveloped with the beautiful aroma of the mouth-watering Tamales. Holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas are fast approaching, and anticipate the holiday season when we can have a taste of a hot, flavorful and mouth-watering traditional holiday Tamale dish anytime we crave it!
It’s November and this is the time where we take a few moments to honor our brothers and sisters who have risked their lives defending the freedom of our country. On November 11, remember a Veteran on Veterans Day as the country will once again celebrate the Veteran’s Day and wave our flag to say thank you to all the veterans everywhere.
In the Valley of the Sun, there are several activities and ceremonies to honor the our veterans heroism.
- Veterans Day – The Phoenix Parade Kicks off at 11:00 AM
The starting point is North Phoenix Baptist Church (Central and Bethany Home). The parade then heads South on Central, turns East on Camelback and then heads South on 7th Street where the parade de-stages at Indian School Road.
- Veterans Day – Anthem’s Daisy Mountain ParadeKicks off at 10:00 AM
The starting point is King Drive just south of Boulder Creek High School immediately following a powerful cannon blast heard all across Anthem.
- Veterans Day – McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park
Dr. Connie Mariano, a former Physician to the President, will be the keynote speaker at this year’s Veterans Day program in Scottsdale. Mariano served nine years as a White House doctor, first for the final year of the term of George H.W. Bush, then for the entire eight years of Bill Clinton, and lastly, during the first year of George W. Bush’s first term in office.
The annual commemoration takes place from 3 to 5 p.m. Monday, Nov. 11, at McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park, 7301 E. Indian Bend Road.
- East Valley Veterans Parade – Along Center Street in Mesa, AZ
Over 30,000 people will be joining the parade to honor our community’s military veterans, active military and their families. Over 100 entries will participate in the parade that includes military vehicles WWII tanks, USS Arizona replica
East Valley High School marching bands; East Valley city and town dignitaries; the Fallen Soldier Memorial; Girl and Boy Scout Troops; military support groups; equestrian groups and much more.
The parade begins at 11:00 AM sharp with a fly-over by the Commemorative Air Force’s selection of vintage military aircraft in the Downtown Mesa.
- 3rd Annual Phoenix National Veterans Day Run – Phoenix Capitol Complex
The 3rd Annual Phoenix National Veterans Day Run will take place in the Phoenix Capitol Complex.The race will offer two distances, a timed 11k run and a 1 mile family walk. If you’d prefer to just come out and support our Veterans, we also offer a supporter option, 100% of which is donated to our charity partner, Folds of Honor Foundation. We expect a large turnout of veterans and active-duty military to this race, including many current and former Veterans from Luke Air Force Base, so come on out and support the men and women of our armed forces.
- Veterans Day at Sassi – Scottsdale, AZ
Veterans are invited to a complimentary dinner for all the veterans and active duty military to honor the Veterans Day. There will be a three-course dinner including an Antipasti, Main course and non-alcoholic beverage. This complimentary dinner is exclusively for Veterans only but family members and friends are welcome to attend for $39; a limited additional menu will also be available.
For the younger generation who may have very little memory of what our Veterans had sacrificed, remembering a veteran on a Veterans Day is a significant event not only for the young generation but for all of us to value and appreciate the liberty and freedom that we enjoy today.
Investing in real estate property is such a huge investment that not everyone has the advantage to acquire property due to the high cost. For most of us, the only remaining option is to rent. If you think there is absolutely no way for you to be capable of investing in a real estate, think again. There really are many options out there that you can choose from and most of them are within reach.
If purchasing a home for sale and the prices are too steep for you, then explore the options available. Invest in a vacant land first. Keep in mind that the price of unoccupied land is less even it is located in a prime location. You can either use your investment for your future use like building a new home or a business establishment. Aside from that you can have it rented or if the opportunity is right you can resell the land at a higher price. Visit Mesa real estate for details about investing in vacant land.
The first thing you should remember in investing in a vacant land is that there is usually an appreciation of the value of the vacant land. History proves this theory. Make sure the property you are purchasing has a good investment grade. Meaning the things you should watch out for are if the land fits within a well-developed community, convenience of the location, excellence of the amenities and of course affordable or reasonable rates. It needs to fit your strategy.
Another advantage of investing in a vacant land only is that it has proved to be a safe investment. Unlike other physical assets or stocks that may lose its value, land is often considered a stable investment.
Investing in a vacant land first also gives you the time to build your dream home using your own terms and specifications. Depending on the current market it may be better than purchasing a home. With this, you are absolutely assured of being a part of a wonderful neighborhood and in a house you’re proud to call home.
Dogs are the most owned pets in American households. According to the U.S. Pet Ownership and Demographics Sourcebook 2012, 36.5% of American households own a dog. Man’s best friend as we affectionately call them, is our most treasured addition to the family. Next to our kids, we cherish them more than any luxury as they give joy and happiness to every family member.
If you want to own or adopt a new dog companion and you live in a limited space like an apartment, what type of dog should you choose? It’s great to have some information on the origin of the pet and its behavior before heading to an animal shelter to choose the right dog for you.
Here are some of the most owned dog type information and its suitability for a living environment:
- Golden Retriever – Originated in the Scottish Highlands, this intelligent dog was bred into existence by Lord Tweedmouth by crossing the original yellow flat-coated retriever with the now extinct tweed water spaniel. He later crossed in the bloodhound, Irish setter and more tweed water spaniel, producing the well-known golden retriever of today. These are lovable, well-mannered, intelligent dogs with a great charm. They are easily trained, and always patient and gentle with children.
* If sufficiently exercised, this breed will do okay in an apartment. They are moderately active indoors and will do best with at least a medium to large yard.
Labrador Retriever – Once known as the “St John’s Dogs,” the Labrador retriever is one of the most popular breeds in the United States. The lab, is native to Newfoundland, Canada, where it worked side by side with fishermen catching fish that came loose from the lines and trained to jump into the icy waters to help pull in the nets. The Labrador retriever is loyal, loving, affectionate and patient, making a great family dog. Highly intelligent, good-natured, very willing and eager to please, it is among the top choices for a service dog work.
* Labrador Retrievers will be okay in an apartment if sufficiently exercised. They are moderately active indoors and will do best with at least an average-sized yard.
- Beagle – The first beagles date back to the 1500s. English hunters would take packs of these dogs out on the hunt tracking rabbits, hare, pheasant, quail and other small animals. The exact origins of the word “beagle” are a bit mysterious, but anybody who has spent much time with the breed will believe the most commonly accepted story. The name “beagle” may have come from the French term “be’geule” which means “gape throat,” referring to the dogs baying voice. The beagle is loving, sweet and gentle, happy to see everyone, greeting them with a wagging tail. It is sociable, brave and intelligent. The beagle is excellent with children and generally good with other dogs
* Beagles will do okay in an apartment if they get plenty of chances to be outdoors. They are very active indoors and a small yard will be sufficient.
Dachshunds – The dachshund originated in Germany in the early 1600s. Bred to hunt small game such as badger and rabbit, the Dachshund has shortened legs to hunt and follow these animals to ground inside the burrows where they could fight the prey to the death. Their name reflects this early purpose; “dachshund” means “badger dog” in German. Dachshunds are lovable, playful companions, and an ideal pet for many homes, including those with children with appropriate supervision.
* Good for apartment living. They are fairly active indoors and will do okay without a yard.
- German Shepherd – The German shepherd dog originated in 1899 at Karlsruhe, Germany due to the efforts of Captain Max von Stephanitz and other dedicated breeders. Derived from the old breeds of local herding and farm dogs, the first German shepherd dog shown in America was in 1907. The fame associated with Rin-Tin-Tin and Strongheart, two members of the breed whose movies played on variations of the boy and his dog theme making them a very popular breed. German shepherd dogs are energetic and fun, they love strenuous activity, preferably combined with training of some kind, for these dogs are very intelligent and crave a good challenge.
* The German Shepherd will do better in an environment in which there is a yard.
If you have decided that a dog is the right pet for you, you have made the right choice as welcoming a new dog into our home can be an exciting time for everyone. It is good to have a new addition to the family whom you can give love and care and at the same time and will give so much joy to everyone’s lives. A close relationship with a dog can provide you with years of companionship, protection and unconditional love. Indeed, they are man’s best friend.
Want a quick way to add value to your property and attract future potential buyers? Give your garage a makeover! Simple steps like adding cabinets, shelving, overhead storage, and floor coatings can affect your home price by as much as 14 percent! (According to a Florida State University Study) Not only does this makeover give your wallet a boost, but it also helps increase the space in your home as well.
- Overhead Storage: The most underutilized area of the home is the garage. Overhead storage is a fast way to store seasonal items, such as decorations, and other less frequently used items out of the way. Space above windows and doors can also be used. An important factor that is often overlooked when installing overhead storage is making sure that it is secure. Professional installation of overhead storage is key to protecting precious things that may me underneath, such as cars or children. In addition, make sure that the product that you choose comes with multiple mountings, ensuring maximum strength and security.
- Cabinets Adding: Cabinets are a quick way to increase the aesthetic value of your garage. Cabinets allow you to store items safely out of reach of children, and away from dust and sand. When choosing a cabinet, choose colors and styles that complement your style of home. Pay attention to extra features such as slow shutting doors, as future home buyers will pay more if they are included.
- Shelving: The three factors that should be considered when installing shelving are strength, storage capacity and guarantee. Weight capacity is important, even if you are planning on storing lighter items now. As time progresses, your storage needs may change, causing you to store heavier items. It is also important to consider how much you can storage with each kind of shelving. Units that allow layered storage and under shelf storage are great for being able to store more in a small area. By buying a product that comes with a warranty, you don’t have to worry about the price of replacing it if it breaks.
- Floor Coatings: When people decide to redo their garage, they often forget about the floor. Unsightly cracks and stains can age and decrease the value of your home. However, adding a floor coating can be the finishing touch to transforming your garage into a usable part of the home. When choosing floor coatings, it’s important to choose brands that only use safe chemical and non-yellowing products. Oftentimes, sunlight can change the color of the flooring. With UV stable flooring this isn’t a worry.
By taking the time and investing in the simple garage solutions, you can be on your way to added value to your home and garage.
Fall has arrived in Arizona signaled by cooler temperatures and the thought of Halloween is just around the corner! What a great time to enjoy the outdoors and find the right pumpkin for Halloween.
Here are just a few of the 2013 Halloween Events in Valley of the Sun that are not to be missed and are worth experiencing:
Located at the new Events Plaza and Pumpkin Patch at the Desert Botanical Gardens located at 1201 N. Galvin Parkway in Phoenix, this event takes place October 17th through October 20th and you can check the Phoenix Desert Botanical Garden web site for hours. This annual festival offers a petting zoo, a hayride to the pumpkin patch to select a pumpkin (for children 12 and under), a Hay Bale Maze, craft activities, carnival games, and live music. Admission for non-members and children under 3 are free!
Salt River Fields, located at the Talking Stick Resort and Casino at 7555 N Pima Road in Scottsdale, is hosting their Second Annual Balloon “Spooktacular on Friday, October 25th and Saturday, October 26th from 5:00PM to 10:00PM.
This is an event that will be enjoyed by all and offers something to suit all tastes! This event will include over 20 hot air balloons that will be on display. For those with a sweet-tooth, there will be plenty of candy for trick-or-treaters, live musical entertainment, and plenty of food and drink. If you are looking for a good “scare”, there will be a haunted house and a festive display of fireworks!
On October 25th, 2013 from 5PM to 7PM, the Pointe Hilton at Squaw Peak Resort located at 7677 N 16th Street in Phoenix will hold their Halloween celebration at the River Ranch area of the resort. Craft booths, fortune telling, face painting, and Halloween treats are just some of the activities planned for this event. Attendees are encouraged to wear a costume and can gain admission by bringing two cans of food or $5 per person to benefit the local St Mary’s Food Bank.